A criminal lawyer is essential when you’ve been arrested or charged with a crime.
What is a Criminal Lawyer?
- A criminal lawyer can outline what your options are after charges are laid.
- Helps you get out of jail if you are arrested.
- Recommends options and a course of action.
- Answers all the questions you are bound to have if you are charged with a criminal offense.
Specializing in Crime
A criminal lawyer is a specialist in a particular kind of law, called criminal law, which are a group of laws designed to address and punish behaviour that is considered to offend society as a whole, although only one victim may have suffered. This is a complex area of law, and includes charges for drunk driving , domestic violence and drugs.
When You Are Arrested
- A criminal lawyer is an expert on all matters dealing with the police and making bail in the case of an arrest.
- They are also an excellent source of information about the charges you are facing.
- A number of criminal lawyers have 24 hour information services dedicated to providing you with information you can trust about the details of your charges and your options.
They Will Be Your Guide
They can help you understand and defend your rights, help you understand the true costs and implications of each option, and negotiate for the best possible outcome for you with the prosecution. Some criminal lawyers will also point you in the right direction to find support in coping with feelings of embarrassment or loss that often result from a criminal charge. A criminal lawyer will even go to court on your behalf.